Table Of Contents
- 1 Description
- 2 NMMS Scholarship 2021 Details
- 3 Value of NMMS Scholarship Assam:
- 4 Eligibility Criteria of NMMS Scholarship
- 5 NMMS Examination Fee 2021
- 6 Who can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship ?
- 7 Selection Process of NMMS Scholarship
- 8 Required Document of NMMS Scholarship 2021
- 9 How to Apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship ?
- 10 Important Date of NMMS Scholarship 2021
- 11 Important WebLinks of NMMS Scholarship 2021
NMMS Scholarship 2021: Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam has released the official notification of Centrally Sponsored “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)” Scheme for the financial year 2021-22. NMMS Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI, and XII in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools and whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum. Eligible candidates can apply online through National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) or may apply by visiting (www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in)
NMMS Scholarship 2021 Details
Name of scholarship: National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
Academic session: 2021-2022
Nodal agency: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), GOI
Exam level: National Level
Class: Class VIII (8th Standard)
Application method: Online
No of scholarship for Assam: 2411
Date of exam: December 2021 or January 2022 (Tentative)
Technical Help Line Number: 8929207668
|Assam Quota Seats||2411|
|Category||%age of Reservation|
Value of NMMS Scholarship Assam:
The amount of the scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
Eligibility Criteria of NMMS Scholarship
Class: Students of Class-VIII studying in Government, Local Body, and Govt. Aided are only eligible.
- Minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination is needed for appearing NMMS examination(5% less for SC/ST students)
- The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
Family Income: Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum.
Type of School: Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI, and XII in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools for a maximum period of four years.
NMMS Examination Fee 2021
|UR/ OBC||Rs 200/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs 180/-|
|Payment Mode||Debit/Credit card, Internet Banking|
Who can’t apply for NMMS Scholarship ?
- Students studying in private schools too appear in this scholarship exam; but they won’t be eligible for this scholarship.
- The students studying in “Kendriya Vidyalaya’ and “Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas” are not entitled to get this scholarship.
- Students studying in Residential Schools run by the State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under this scheme.
Selection Process of NMMS Scholarship
- A written examination of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) will be held on 13th December 2020 for the selection of candidates under NMMS Scholarship Scheme.
- The question paper will be in both Assamese & English medium only. The OMR sheet will be in English medium.
- Previous 2 years’ question papers are available in the ‘Bidyarthi’ app at Google Play Store.
- Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
- There are two papers: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) .
|Question Paper||Subject||Total Marks|
|Paper-l||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||90 Marks|
|Paper-lI||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||90 Marks|
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. (50% for SC/ST students).
Required Document of NMMS Scholarship 2021
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for OBC, SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Scanned copy of Declaration. Click here for Download Declaration
How to Apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship ?
The application process for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) has been made ONLINE. Students have to download the ‘Bidyarthi’ app from the Play store of Android phones. Moreover, they can apply through Govt. of Assam’s official website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in .
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for this scholarship by visiting the Official NMMS Assam Scholarship Portal. Candidates may follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for NMMS Assam Scholarship.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process by clicking “Register Now”.
- In the next stage, fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- At the end, submit the form.
Important Date of NMMS Scholarship 2021
|Date of Examination||December 2021 or January 2022 (Tentative)|
|Admit card Issue date||To be updated later|
Important WebLinks of NMMS Scholarship 2021
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here | Click Here|
|Declaration Form||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|