Table Of Contents
- 1 EWS Certificate in Assam Description
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for EWS Certificate in Assam
- 3 Issuing Authority & Verifying Authority of EWS Certificate in Assam
- 4 Important points regarding appointment by EWS Certificate in Assam category
- 5 Documents Required for EWS Certificate in Assam
- 6 Application Process EWS Certificate in Assam
- 7 How do I get a reservation certificate the new 10% EWS reservation
- 8 Important Web Links of EWS Certificate in Assam
EWS Certificate in Assam Description
EWS Certificate in Assam: EWS certificate is basically an income and asset certificate issued to the citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society. Candidates in the EWS category will get 10% reservation in government jobs and educational institutions in Assam.
The Economically Weak Section (EWS) is a new reservation sub-division under the General Division; Which has been effective since 2019.
The persons belonging to us who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get a 10% reservation in direct recruitment in posts and services in the Government of Assam.
Eligibility Criteria for EWS Certificate in Assam
Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs. 8.00 lakh (Rupees Eight lakhs only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation.
Also, persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following Assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
- 15 Bigha of agricultural land and above in the rural area
- 1 Bigha of residential land and above in the rural area
- 1.5 Katha of land in notified Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Town Committee Area
- House of built-up areas more than 1000 sq.ft and above in notified Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Town Committee Area
a) The property held by a “Family” in different locations of different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
b) The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
Issuing Authority & Verifying Authority of EWS Certificate in Assam
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Important points regarding appointment by EWS Certificate in Assam category
a) In case all posts in State Government reserved for EWS are not filled up by candidates belonging to the EWS category during the recruitment process due to shortage of eligible candidates, the balance posts will be filled up from candidates of unreserved category.
b) Persons belonging to EWS selected against the quota for persons with benchmark disabilities/ex-servicemen shall be placed against the roster points earmarked for EWS.
c) A person belonging to EWS cannot be denied the right to compete for an appointment against an unreserved vacancy. Persons belonging to EWS who are selected on the basis of merit and not on account of reservation are not to be counted towards the quota meant for reservation.
Documents Required for EWS Certificate in Assam
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Salary slip (if employed)
- Land revenue receipt (on verification by LM in case of farmer)
- Any Other documents (Any voter list, Gaon Burrah Certificate,Land Revenue Payment Receipt,etc.)
Application Process EWS Certificate in Assam
- The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificated issued by Circle Officer of the Revenue circle where the candidate and/or her/his family normally resides.
- Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
- On receipt of the application, the receiving authority shall ask the applicant to appear, on a suitable date within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the application, for a hearing and submission of proofs for verification of family income and sub-caste in the manner it is done for issuance of caste certificate.
- On completion of the enquiry, the application along with inquiry reports will be referred to the concerned certificate issuing authority who in turn shall examine the reports and supporting documents and if everything is found satisfactory about the eligibility of the applicant, shall issue the Income and Asset Certificate in the prescribed format.
How do I get a reservation certificate the new 10% EWS reservation
EWS Certificate applications can be filled Offline Applications in Assam. To fill EWS application in offline mode, candidates have to follow these processes mentioned below:
- Download the EWS Certificate Form PDF by link provided below.
- Fill up all the required information.
- Paste a passport size photograph.
- Attach all the required documments.
- Submit this application to your nearest Tahsil/Block Office.
You can contact your nearest CSC (Common Service Center) or Jan Sewa Kendra and apply from there to get EWS Certificate soon.
Important Web Links of EWS Certificate in Assam
|Income and Asset Certificate Format||Click Here|
|EWS Certificate Format||Click Here|
|EWS Memorandum||Link 1 | Link 2|